Monday, July 25, 2011

Trifle?

I've never made a trifle before, I don't think I've ever even heard of a trifle before. I found this recipe on the Kraft website. And once again, I picked a recipe that calls for lemon pudding mix, so I used one lemon pudding mix and one vanilla pudding mix, so it would turn out less lemon-y. The website also says you can use any kind of pudding you want, so I probably should have used all vanilla, but being the first time I made the recipe, I didn't want to change it too much. I also used WAY more fruit (as in about 2 1/2 cups more) than the recipe called for, and added kiwi and blackberry. I'm pretty sure you could use any fruit you wanted, I thought about adding nuts also, but once again, didn't want to get too crazy the first time. There are a bunch of different trifle recipes on the website, I also want to try the one with brownies and raspberries in it. Chocolate, chocolate, yeah.

So my layering didn't turn out the best, but that's okay.... I also haven't even tried this yet, since I made it to take to a friend's house for dinner tonight. It smelled like a lemon explosion, so I'm kind of nervous to try it....

Alright, I ate it, it was awesome (even with the lemon pudding mix) However, it was really fruity, so those 2 cups extra fruit was a little over kill, and next time I would put more Nilla wafers in it. Probably another flat layer where the other ones are up the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment